CONTINUED SERVICE DURING COVID-19
Youth Work Ireland North Connaught aims to ensure young people and those who work with them continue to receive support, information and advice during this difficult time. We continue to be available by Email, Telephone, Google Hangouts, Facebook https://www.facebook.com/yic.sligo/. For all Youth Work Ireland North Connaught staff contact details please go to http://www.ncycs.ie/contact-us/
OUR OFFICE IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED DUE TO COVID-19
The Youth Information Centre offers a comprehensive FREE information service. Normal Openings Hours are Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm and 9.00am – 4.30pm on Fridays. (Evenings and Weekends for other events and activities.)
PROGRAMMES & WORKSHOPS:
Career Guidance Counselling, Support and Advice
Develop CV writing skills and improve interview skills. Identify individuals interests, aptitudes and abilities. Explore employment options and progression routes in training, education and college application.
B4U Decide – Relationships and Sexual Health
This programme explores making responsible decisions in relationships, developing personal safety, body awareness and exploring consent issues.
Internet Safety & Responsible Online Behaviour
Teach young people to become responsible internet users, stay safe on the internet and cyberbullying through group discussion, peer to peer learning, games, quizzes, wordsearches.
Positive Mental Health
Using mindfulness and positive self talk can help reduce stress and anxiety. Moment 2 Moment Mindfulness promotes calm thinking, sharpens concentration and checks Self Talk by tuning in and becoming more alert to your present thoughts, behaviours and feelings.
European Youth Mobility Information
Information workshops aimed to increase young people’s awareness of opportunities available to study, train, work and volunteer in Europe in partnership with Eurodesk/Leargas.
Preparing for College Life
Time management, communication and advocacy skills, setting goals and achieving outcomes, staying safe, healthy eating and healthy relationships.
STUDENT LEAP CARD – Ages 12 +
Available to FULL TIME & PART-TIME Students studying for *at least 6 months duration with a minimum 16 hours class time per week.
Youth Club Training and Support
Youth Clubs in Sligo and Leitrim – aged 8 to 18 years
We provide with support and training to affiliated youth clubs to Youth Work Ireland North Connaught. This includes: – Youth Clubs activities, Summer projects, Sports activities, Youth Leadership Training, Child Protection Training, Volunteer and Induction Training, Programme Planning and assistance with grant applications.
Child Protection Training
We provide Child Protection Training to affiliated groups and clubs The Child Protection Programme provides training support to youth work organisations and individuals through: The Child Protection Awareness Programme (CPAP). This four hour basic awareness course is the standardised child protection training programme for the youth work sector.
Secretarial Services include:
- Typing – C.V.’s, Essays, Projects, Thesis’s, etc. We also sit with customers and assist them in compiling C.V.’s and job application letters.
- Design and print – Business cards, Brochures, Tickets, Birthday invitations, Banners, Posters, Wedding Booklets and Invitations.
- Photocopying, Binding and Laminating – A4 and A3
- Internet Access and Email service
Call in if you want to:
- Get help with compiling your Curriculum Vitae or Application Forms
- Practice your interview techniques with a Mock Interview
- Find Accommodation, both temporary and long term
- Find out about Rights & Entitlements
- Find information about travelling and working abroad including accommodation, work permits, visa’s, etc.
- Browse through brochures and daily newspapers advertising jobs, accommodation, courses, youth activities, education options, student finance.
Call to Youth Information Centre, Rockwood Parade, Sligo.