- Safeguarding Statement
- Guidelines for Protection & Welfare of Children January 2018
- Internet safety family guide_
- Coping with exam stress
- Writing a winning cv
- Guide to student life booklet
- Child protection for young people
- Child protection for parents guardians
- Chill out tips
- Guide to work travel
- Yic study tips
A SUPPORT GUIDE FOR YOUNG PEOPLE
- AL-ANONYMOUS. Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover fromalcoholism. TEL 01-8420700
- ALCOHOL ANONYMOUS Tel : 01-8732699. Fellowship of Men & Women Alcoholics.
- ALCOHOL & SUBSTANCE ABUSE HELPLINE Tel : 071- 9143316
- COUNSELLING & ADVISORY SERVICE (Drug & Alcohol) Charter House, Old Market St., Sligo. Tel : 071 – 9143316. A free service for those with Drug / Alcohol problems, their families and concerned persons. Youth Support Service Tel 071 – 9141604. Addiction Counsellor c/o Our Lady’s Hospital, Manorhamilton. Tel : 071 – 9856181
- GAMBLERS ANONYMOUS Tel : 071 – 9170329 (Thursdays 8.30pm & Sundays 7.00pm) St. Michael’s Family Life Centre, Church Hill, Sligo. Fellowship of people who help each other recover from gambling addiction. Mayo Hope House, Foxford Tuesday Social Services, Castlebar Friday
- NAR – ANON Tel : 071 – 9170329. Aims to help drug addicts recover from addiction. The Sligo group meet on Wednesdays at 8.00pm.
- National Drugs & HIV HelplineFREEPHONE 1800 459 459
Providing confidential support & information.
- Aids Tel. 071 9142828
- AWARE Mental Health Centre, Markievicz House, Barrack St, Sligo.
Tel : 01-6617211 (1890)3003302. Support groups for those affected by depression.
- BODYWHYS Tel : 01 – 2834963. Help, support and understanding for Anorexia & Bulimia Nervosa. Lo Call 1980200444
- GROW Tel : 071 – 9153628. Mental health organisation promoting personal growth through friendship & mutual support groups. Mayo Western Region, Tucker Street, Castlebar Tel. 094 9026417
- G.U.M.CLINIC (Genito-Urinary Medicine – STD Clinic) Tel : 071 – 9170473 Careline or 0862623215.
- CANCER SUPPORT CENTRE Tel. 07191 70399, 2a Wine Street, Sligo
- NOWDOC GP OUT OF HOURS SERVICE 1850400911
- CHILDLINE Freephone 1800 66 66 66. Listening service for young people.
- SAMARITANS The Mall, Sligo. Tel : 071- 9142011 or Callsave 1850606090
- TEEN-LINE IRELAND FREEPHONE: 1800-833-634
Teenline Ireland is a national helpline for teenagers. Teen-Line provides a listening and support service.
- 3rd LEVEL STUDENTS Sligo Institute of Technology. Chaplaincy Office, Tel: 071-9155212 or 087-2222044. Offering Pastoral Care.
COUNSELLING & SUPPORT
- AIDS HELPLINE Tel : 071 – 9142828
- AWARE Helpline PHONE: 1890 303302
Supports those who are directly affected by depression. Aware operates a helpline from 10am to 10pm Monday to Wednesday and 10am to 1am Thursday to Sunday, which is a form of non-directive counselling, available to sufferers and their families. Aware Support Groups operate throughout the country providing information to both patients and their families.
- BEREAVEMENT COUNSELLING SERVICEMarkievicz House, Barrack St, Sligo.
- AIDS HELPLINE Tel : 071 – 9142828. Tel: 071 – 9155108.
- CARI HelplinePHONE: 1890 924 567
Counselling and support for children and young people up to 18, following the disclosure or discovery of sexual abuse.
- CHILDLINE FREEPHONE: 1800 66 66 66 Markievicz House, Sligo 071 9155177
Childline is a 24-hour a day service for young people up to 18. Childline offer support to young people through the listening service over the phone and through the website. You can call Childline for a chat or to talk about any problems you might have.
- CONSOLE Helpline FREEPHONE: 1800 201 890
Supports and helps people bereaved through suicide. The Helpline is a confidential listening service for people bereaved through suicide. Console promotes positive mental health within the community in an effort to reduce the high number of attempted suicides and deaths through suicide.
- DVAS – DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ADVOCACY SERVICE
Tel. 07191 41515 Free Confidential Service For Women Experiencing Domestic Violence in Sligo, Leitrim and West Cavan.
- HOME YOUTH LIAISON SERVICE Tel. 07191 50891 13 Mail Coach RD Sligo.
Offering a range of services to young people who are experiencing difficulties at school, at work, or at home or in social situation.
- ISPCC20 Molesworth St. Dublin 2. Tel : 01 – 6944944.
- LESBIAN & GAY HELPLINE C/O GAY SWITCH BOARD Tel : 01 – 8721055.
- LESBIAN & GAY TEENLINE Tel : 01 – 4965998. ( Saturdays 3pm – 6pm)
- Freefone 1800833634
- RAINBOW PROGAMME – ST. MICHEAL’S FAMILY LIFE CENTRE
Tel : 071 – 9170329. Support for children & teenagers who have experienced the loss of a parent through separation or death. (5 – 18yrs group sessions) and also provide a one to one counselling service Mohill Family Resource Centre Tel. 0719631253
Family Life Centre, Carrick-on-Shannon.
- CHILD & FAMILY HEALTH SERVICES, Molloway House, The Mall, Sligo Tel.: 071 9174775
- SUICIDE BEREAVEMENT SUPPORT PHONE: 01-4553802
Offer support, support groups and information to those bereaved by suicide.
- SLIGO RAPE CRISIS CENTRE 48 Castle St. Sligo. Tel: 071 – 9171188 or Freephone: 1800 780 750 Counselling service for survivors of rape, sexual abuse & child abuse.
- RAPE CRISIS NETWORK FREEPHONE: 1800 778888
Offer a confidential, 24-hour telephone helpline, 7 days a week staffed by trained counselors who are available to listen to you and any concerns you may have in regard to issues of rape, sexual assault, sexual harassment or childhood sexual abuse.
- TEEN BETWEEN c/o Youth Information Centre, Rockwood parade Sligo.
Tel : 071 – 9144150. A listening, advice & support service for young people who’s parents have separated / divorced. (12 – 25yrs one to one)
- VICTIM SUPPORT Tel : 071- 9168635 or Freephone 1800 250025. Free confidential advice, help & support for victims of crime.
- SLIGO SOCIAL SERVICES Charles St, Sligo. Tel : 071 – 9145682.
Counselling.& Psychotherapy available in relation to a range of issues including relationships difficulties, marital separation, addiction, co-dependency, disabilities, bereavement and other losses.
- SLIGO YOUTH INFORMATION CENTRE Rockwood Parade Sligo. Tel : 071 – 9144150. Comprehensive and user friendly information service for young people, including referrals to support agencies. Open Monday – Friday 9.30am – 5.30pm.
- CITIZEN’S INFORMATION CENTRE Rockwood Parade Sligo. Tel : 076-1076390(Monday – Friday 10am – 4.30pm) and (Mon / Tues / Wed 7pm – 8.30pm)
Somerview House, Dublin Road, Carrick-on Shannon, Tel: 071-96 20128
Opening Hours: Mon, Tues 2pm-5pm Thurs 10am-1pm; 2pm – 5pm Fri: 11am-2pm Free Legal Advice clinic last Tues of the Month 7:30pm – 9pm by Appointment only Bridge Street, Drumshanbo, Co. Leitlrim Tel: 071 9640995
Opening Hours: Mon-Fri 9.30-1.00. and 2.00 – 5.00pm Legal Advice – last Tuesday of every month, 7.30- 9.00 by appointment only at Sommerview House, Carrick-on-Shannon.
PREGNANCY / PARENTING
- CURA Tel : 071 – 9143659 or 1850622626, Free pregnancy testing., Telephone helpline for information and support., Pregnancy Counselling from a trained Counsellor. www.cura.ie
- CONTRACEPTIVE INFORMATION SERVICE Tel : 1850 42 52 60
- LIFE (Pregnancy Care Service) CALLSAVE 1850 281 281. (Monday – Friday 10am –5pm / Saturday 1pm – 3pm) Pregnancy Testing, Pregnancy and Post Abortion Counselling. Accommodation and follow up care.
Sligo – Tel: 071 – 9157000
Ballymote – Tel: 071 – 9189500
Carrick-on-Shannon – Tel: 071 – 9650510
Manorhamilton – Tel: 071 – 9620620
- SLIGO GENERAL HOSPITAL – Tel: 071 – 9171111SOCIAL WORKER
Markievicz House, Sligo – Tel: 071 – 9155133
Carrick Office, Leitrim – Tel: 071 – 9820308
Sligo Youth Information Centre offers a free and comprehensive range of services to young people and those who support them.
Information on such topics as:
- Employment– job opportunities at home and abroad, rights & entitlements, voluntary work, etc.
- Education/Careers– 3rd level courses in Ireland & Britain, adult education, distance learning, scholarship and grants, etc.
- Travel– summer jobs abroad, youth and student travel, work permits and visas, hostels,
- Accommodation – landlord/tenant rights, housing options, etc.
- Health – health services, diet, disease prevention, alcohol and other drugs, counselling services, etc.
- Emigration– to USA, Australia, Canada
- Your Rights– justice issues, legal rights, consumer rights, etc.
- Your Activities– local organisations, competitions/awards, etc.
We also offer an Outreach service to schools, youth & community groups, women’s, groups, men’s groups in the form of workshops, exhibitions, presentations, displays, etc.
Teen Between – a listening, advice and support service for young people who are experiencing difficulties as a result of their parent’s separation/divorce.
We also offer a secretarial service in the form of
- Typing – C.V.’s, business cards, birthday invitations, etc.
- Photocopying – black & white and colour
- Assistant with filling out application forms, compiling C.V.’s, mock interviews, etc.
Open Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm