Ballinamore Youth Action Project (BYAP)
Was set up by Youth Work Ireland: North Connaught in November of 2022. The Ballinamore Youth Action Project is funded by the International Fund for Ireland.
This project is aimed at individuals aged 16 to 25 in the Ballinamore, Drumshanbo & Mohill area’s.
The Ballinamore Youth Action Project provides support and guidance to young people in the Leitrim area.
- Help young people to develop life skills that fosters good relations
- Help young people to build confidence and resilience
- To foster and develop increased learning and development opportunities for young people
- To offer educational, cultural, social and recreational programmes for young people in a safe and secure environment
- Help young people to discover their abilities and talents by empowering them in their decision making
Who participates in the project?
Anyone aged between 16 and 25 are welcome to join Ballinamore Youth Action Project particularly those who may feel isolated, come from a complex background, are not currently in education/employment or anyone who may be feeling vulnerable.
Where is BYAP located?
Byap is currently operating from The Base Cafe, Hill Street Drumshanbo, Leitrim but …
Works are currently underway at our soon to be new premises. Over the last couple of months we have been busy turning The Old Railway Station in Ballinamore into our beautiful new centre and we are very excited to open our doors to the community in summer 2023.
For updates on our progress you can follow our facebook page – Ballinamore Youth Action Project (BYAP).
Youth Development Worker: Aine Crowe
Tel: 083 1966216